"A life without a friend is a life without sun."- German Proverb
Have you ever looked back into the friendships you have built? Some last forever, and these friends are the one you know you can count in life for almost everything. These are the friends that makes you feel you've struck gold when you meet them. But these friendships don't come easy. We often miss out the process on how the friendship is being strengthened time after time. Friendships require an effort.
Perhaps, that's why we lose some of the friends we made. We give reasons like "There just isn't any more chemistry within us. We have nothing to talk about anymore", "I don't know what had happened, everything just disappeared. She went her own way and I went mine too", etc. And somehow, you want that friendship back too. Like Friedrich Von Schiller said "We can never replace a friend." Because often, we are reminded of what we did together when we were friends back then, memories just hit you straight in the heart. So what do we do? Most of the times, we leave the situation to be like how it is at the present moment. Isn't that just a pity? "Friendship is one of the sweetest joys of life." by Charles Spurgeon.
I have lost some friends along the way. Friendships I built so strong initially just fell apart as time goes by. A part of me questions why, the other part just answers "I have no idea." I yearn for those friendships to return to how it used to be. But sometimes, I guess we have to let it go at some point of time, because of chemistry. Wait, friendship is not built on chemistry or whatever. It's the little efforts, the small talks you have with each other, the laughters, the quarrels, the crying, the trust, the faith.
Relive those lost friendships. (I'll try.)
The verb "to love" in Persian is "to have a friend." "I love you" translated literally is "I have you as a friend." - Shusha Guppy.
As taken from spankjane.lj
How very true.
I miss you, you and you.
But one friendship in particular;
what was once lost but now regained.
Can it be restored t how it was, though?
Guess you should know who you are when you're reading this..
I miss our old times, truly. (:
I don't know if you feel the same way too.
No comments:
Post a Comment